Add an Invisible Layer of Protection to Your Home and Business
For business owners, nothing can shatter your confidence more than a break-in. This is also true for homeowners. Fortunately, business owners and homeowners can keep the bad out with 3M™ Safety & Security Window Film. Designed to hold together broken glass in the event of an impact, 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films helps deter burglars and can also help protect your family from broken glass in natural disasters.
Untreated windows make for an easier entry point into your home and/or business. By adding 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films to these entry points, you are adding an invisible layer of protection that can provide precious time by helping to deter unwanted individuals from entering your home or building. These films can slow down intruders for up to 2 minutes, giving home and business owners time to call for help and can deter intruders altogether.
3M™ Safety & Security Window Films are NOT hurricane-proof. They ARE, however, designed to make window glass more shatter resistant. Because of this, in the event of severe wind from a hurricane or storm, 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films may have significant safety and security value. They can reduce the risk of injury from flying shards of broken glass and possibly help prevent debris and water penetration through the window depending on the severity of the storm, the type of glass which they are applied, framing system used, size and velocity of objects impacting the window, and the like.
How 3M™ Safety & Security Window Film Works
3M™ Safety & Security Window Film is already protecting businesses, schools and homes across the country. Here’s how they work:
- The film and its strong adhesive form a protective membrane on the glass.
- The film is applied on the interior side of the window, which protects it from the elements and from direct attacks.
- While the film does not protect the glass from breaking, it does help hold together the broken glass fragments.
- Film attachment systems are applied along the perimeter to anchor the film to the window frame.
- The film forces an intruder to create an opening through the center of the broken glass, which slows them down by up to 2 minutes and gives responders precious time.
Window Film & Attachment Systems
3M™ Safety & Security Window Films and Attachment Systems can offer protection against broken glass. The film is designed to help hold the glass fragments together, reducing potential injury from flying shards. Though these films are thin, they are extremely strong. They can even offer protection against burglary, blast and explosions, seismic events and more. 3M offers a selection of films to choose from that will match the function and look that a customer is looking for.
As a 3M™ Authorized Prestige Dealer, NBI Suncontrol has in-house experts that can answer your questions about 3M™ Window Film. NBI Suncontrol specializes in installing 3M™ Window Film in homes throughout Southwest Florida.
3M™ Safety & Security Window Films Provide:
- A deterrent against smash-and-grab burglars
- Safety glazing
- Seismic preparedness
- Protection against spontaneous glass breakage
- Blast mitigation