How Security Window Film Work
3M Safety & Security Window Film is already protecting businesses, schools and homes across the country. Here’s how they work:
- The film and its strong adhesive form a protective membrane on the glass.
- The film is applied on the interior side of the window, which protects it from the elements and from direct attacks.
- While the film doesn’t protect the glass from breaking, it does help hold together the broken glass fragments.
- Film attachment systems are applied along the perimeter to anchor the film to the window frame.
- The film forces an intruder to create an opening through the center of the broken glass, which slows them down by up to 2 minutes and gives responders precious time.
3M Safety & Security Window Films provide:
- A deterrent against smash-and-grab burglars
- Safety glazing
- Seismic preparedness
- Protection against spontaneous glass breakage
- Blast mitigation