FPL Business Window Treatment Program | Window Treatment Rebates
Treat Your Business to Cost-Saving Designs
FPL provides business incentives to offset a portion of the cost to make building improvements. Now is the time to upgrade to more energy-efficient designs. Here is an overview of their window treatment incentives:
- Window treatment products must be approved. We may post-inspect.
- Window treatment measures such as solar film, solar screens and high efficiency window replacements qualify for all western exposures (west, northwest and southwest).
- Improvements must be installed by a Participating Independent Contractors (PICs), like NBISunControl.
- Customers receive their incentive rebate from the Participating Independent Contractors (PICs).
- Government entities are eligible for payment directly from FPL.
Incentives are 50 cents to $1 per square foot based on shading coefficient.
The Energy Policy Act of 2005 created federal tax credits for homeowners who make certain energy efficient improvements. On October 3, 2008, President Bush signed into law the "Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008", which extended tax credits for energy efficient home improvements made in 2011. Consumers purchasing qualifying 3M Window Film products between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011 can receive a tax credit. Click here for a list of qualifying 3M Window Film products. A tax credit directly reduces your overall income tax, which is much better than a deduction, which reduces the amount of income subject to tax. Homeowners can receive a 10 percent credit on the costs of qualified window film products, up to a maximum of $500. Must be an existing home and your principal residence. New construction and rentals do not qualify.